[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Fri Apr 17 14:07:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 15:34 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

> >> Then you should remove it in the clean target, according to Policy.
> >> Previously it was added by a patch, why did you change the correct
> >> solution?
> >
> > It didn't work, the patch was there but it did not create a file; at
> > least not in my environment.
>
> It should work, really.

It worked when there was a .tarball-version file in the directory, but
when I tried it without it there it did not work. If you are the one who
wrote the latest version of the patch; perhaps that's why. The one I
wrote did not work for me.

When I asked in debian-ha what would the DDs recommend, they were ok
with the echo > method.

> >> Moreover, .tarball-version is actually present in your uploaded
> >> orig.tar.gz.  The real upstream tarball does not contain this file.
> >
> > Shouldn't have been, does the failure of cleaning the directory cause
> > debuild to then create an orig.tar.gz that contains it?
>
> Debuild does not create an orig.tar.gz, instead points out its absence.
> If you continue nevertheless, dpkg-source errors out trying to build the
> format 3.0 source package.
>
> > I'm looking at the extracted orig tarball that was used in the build
> > that was uploaded now...unless something has changed...its not
> > there...
>
> I can't check the uploaded package in the NEW queue, but I suppose
> mentors.d.n carries the same.  Checking that:
>
> $ dget -d http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libq/libqb/libqb_0.17.1-1.dsc
> $ tar -tzf libqb_0.17.1.orig.tar.gz | fgrep tarball
> .tarball-version

Well, I'm not sure when where or how I got the tarball I made so far
back to include the .tarball-version file swapped with the untouched
tarball, but it was a mistake.

Best,

--
Rik