[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Sat Apr 18 06:33:42 UTC 2015

Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 15:34 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

>>> It didn't work, the patch was there but it did not create a file; at
>>> least not in my environment.
>>
>> It should work, really.
>
> It worked when there was a .tarball-version file in the directory, but
> when I tried it without it there it did not work. If you are the one who
> wrote the latest version of the patch; perhaps that's why. The one I
> wrote did not work for me.

If you publish a problematic .dsc, I'm willing to have a look.

> When I asked in debian-ha what would the DDs recommend, they were ok
> with the echo > method.

You can do manual patching, but then unpatching is your responsibility,
too.  (AFAIK; if #debian-ha tells otherwise, please inform me.)

>>> Shouldn't have been, does the failure of cleaning the directory cause
>>> debuild to then create an orig.tar.gz that contains it?
>>
>> Debuild does not create an orig.tar.gz, instead points out its absence.
>> If you continue nevertheless, dpkg-source errors out trying to build the
>> format 3.0 source package.
>>
>>> I'm looking at the extracted orig tarball that was used in the build
>>> that was uploaded now...unless something has changed...its not
>>> there...
>>
>> I can't check the uploaded package in the NEW queue, but I suppose
>> mentors.d.n carries the same.  Checking that:
>>
>> $ dget -d http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libq/libqb/libqb_0.17.1-1.dsc
>> $ tar -tzf libqb_0.17.1.orig.tar.gz | fgrep tarball
>> .tarball-version
>
> Well, I'm not sure when where or how I got the tarball I made so far
> back to include the .tarball-version file swapped with the untouched
> tarball, but it was a mistake.

I don't understand this sentence fully.  But the patch method would have
made a mistake like this obvious by failing the build.
--
Regards,
Feri.