[Debian-ha-maintainers] Build LVM2 against corosync 2.3.4

Dhionel Díaz ddiaz at cenditel.gob.ve
Thu Oct 22 13:01:26 UTC 2015

El 21/10/15 a las 05:08, Ferenc Wagner escribió:
> Dhionel Díaz <ddiaz at cenditel.gob.ve> writes:

>>> Do you feel like testing fresh packages of DLM 4.0.2, Corosync 2.3.5 and
>>> latest LVM?  What's your architecture?
>>
>> I'd be glad to help. The cluster currently has four amd64 physical
>> servers, other four will be added soon. Just let me know where can I
>> download the source packages and what would be the test protocol to follow.
>
> Looks like I forgot to give you the location of my testing repository:
>
> deb http://apt.niif.hu/debian jessie main

Never mind, I'll be testing the packages. Within a pair of weeks I hope
to have results to report.

> A sid suite and sources are also available at the same place.  This is
> not official, occasionally I replace packages without version bumps.
> And it contains a newish upstream of lvm2, compiled with Corosync
> support only and cmirrord included.  And /etc/init.d/clvm removed;
> I'm experimenting with the following unit file (not included):
>
> # /etc/systemd/system/lvm2-clvm.service
> [Unit]
> Description=clustered LVM daemon
> Documentation=man:clvmd(8)
> Requires=dlm.service corosync.service
> After=dlm.service corosync.service
>
> [Service]
> Type=notify
> ExecStart=/usr/sbin/clvmd -f
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> This does not handle VG activation, I've got a separate customization
> unit for that (hooked into Pacemaker activation):
>
> # /etc/systemd/system/pc-vgs.service
> [Unit]
> Description=volume groups for Private Cloud virtual machines
> Wants=lvm2-clvmd.service
> After=lvm2-clvmd.service
>
> [Service]
> Type=oneshot
> RemainAfterExit=true
> Environment="VGS=ssdtest_vhblade"
> ExecStart=/sbin/vgchange -aly $VGS
> ExecStop=/sbin/vgchange -aln $VGS

That's an interesting approach. Our setup handles dlm and clvmd as
cloned resources. ¿What would be the advantages of managing them with
systemd?

> I'm yet to see if the upstream service files (as shipped in the package)
> can be bent to my purposes.  But that's a usage question anyway.

Regards,

--
Dhionel Díaz
Centro Nacional de Desarrollo e Investigación en Tecnologías Libres