[Debian-handbook-translators] I need help to update the pl-PL/.po* files]

"Stanisław Krukowski" dfk0077 at riseup.net
Mon Nov 21 15:04:02 UTC 2016

------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: Re: [Debian-handbook-translators] I need help to update the
pl-PL/.po* files
From:    "Stanisław Krukowski" <dfk0077 at riseup.net>
Date:    Mon, November 21, 2016 15:55
To:      "Raphael Hertzog" <hertzog at debian.org>

On Mon, November 21, 2016 15:09, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2016, "Stanisław Krukowski" wrote:
>> I have tried to update the files myself with git but it seems I had not
>> enough
>> permissions' rights to upload them (I have an account on Alioth, I put an
>> SSH
>> key at the account, I am a member of the debian-handbook's project).
>
> Did you click on some "merge" button in Weblate?

In fact, I did not see a "merge" button in Weblate. If it exists, I will use
it, of course ...

> Because I got an email about a failed merge... why don't you ask for an
> update instead of trying to do stuff by yourself?
>
> I'm usually relatively responsive. I just updated the git repository with
> latest weblate changes.

Please excuse me, maybe I am too sensitive about all that stuff. I didn't want
to "get into" your responsiblity. I just have seen your job at git repository.
Once again thank you.

>> Some time ago I requested a personal repository at the project's site, I've
>> got one
>> (https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/debian-handbook/users/stw-001-01-guest.git)
>> but I cannot to connect with it. Can someone help me and explain what I'm
>> doing wrong?
>
> I never used that alioth feature. Why do you need a personal repository?
> You can create you own branches if you need them. Or you can host a copy
> on github if you really need something separate.

In fact, I do not need this repository. I requested it because I was curious
"how does it feels to have your own repository on Alioth". I have to admit
that it was not a very wise move. Yes, I have my own repository on GitHub (my
own project), and this is enough for me.

However, because my repo on Alioth still exists, what do you suggest?
Would you, as an administrator, simply delate it? Could you help me with this
matter?

Cheers, Stanisław Krukowski