[Debian-in-workers] possible packages for indic-desktop task

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:03:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Ganesan R wrote:

> >Tamil
> >-----
> >GNOME 2.8
> >KDE 3.2.3 (kde-i18n-ta)
> >ttf-tamil-fonts
> >

> Please include tamil-gtk2im. Even though it iimf supports tamil,
> tamil-gtk2im has supports many more keyboard styles and is a useful package.

Ok thanks.  This is just the kind of information I need.

> I admit that ttf-tamil-fonts has been showing some neglect and can use
> some more love and care ;-). I personally prefer each language to be in
> a separate package because font packages tend to get bigger over time
> and one huge font package for all Indian language fonts may be a bit of
> a pain. However, if the consensus is to have one big package, I have no
> objection to merging tamil fonts into ttf-indic-fonts.

We would still have seperate binary .debs.  I only meant they should all
come from the same source package.  This will be helpful to people
building distros based on our work (e.g. GRIND) and make it easier to e.g.
build a udeb for the new installer. If you agree and Soumyadip who
maintains ttf-bangla-fonts agrees, (As I assume he does as he is the
maintainer of ttf-indic-fonts too,) only ttf-malayalam-fonts remains.
rkrishnan what do you say?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>