[Debian-in-workers] possible packages for indic-desktop task

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan rama@gnu.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:07:28 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, December 14, 2004 11:33 pm, Jaldhar H. Vyas said:
> We would still have seperate binary .debs.  I only meant they should all
> come from the same source package.  This will be helpful to people
> building distros based on our work (e.g. GRIND) and make it easier to e.g.
> build a udeb for the new installer. If you agree and Soumyadip who
> maintains ttf-bangla-fonts agrees, (As I assume he does as he is the
> maintainer of ttf-indic-fonts too,) only ttf-malayalam-fonts remains.
> rkrishnan what do you say?

Yes, I have no objection. I too have to admit that the ttf-malayalam-fonts is
in a state of neglect. The work outstanding is the inclusion of Rachana. A
version of Rachana was released a month or so back by the Rachana team, but
when I spoke to the developers, it looks like the ever controversial "chillu"
characters are still not handled properly in Rachana. It has to be fixed for
it to be useful, so I thought of not distributing buggy fonts and kept quite.

--
  Ramakrishnan