[Debian-in-workers] possible packages for indic-desktop task

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:24:49 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan wrote:

> Yes, I have no objection.

Excellent.  So when Soumyadip is finished with his RL work, he can merge
the packages into ttf-indic-fonts.

> I too have to admit that the ttf-malayalam-fonts is
> in a state of neglect. The work outstanding is the inclusion of Rachana. A
> version of Rachana was released a month or so back by the Rachana team, but
> when I spoke to the developers, it looks like the ever controversial "chillu"
> characters are still not handled properly in Rachana. It has to be fixed for
> it to be useful, so I thought of not distributing buggy fonts and kept quite.

Ok.  You and Ganesan should also be added to the Uploaders: line for
ttf-indic-fonts so you can make maintainer uploads as necessary.

I'm going to Florida next week to teach a class and during my spare time
I'll work out the details of the indic-desktop tasks to give to Christian.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>