[Debian-in-workers] Re: Debian on one dvd?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Wed Dec 14 14:50:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Christian Perrier wrote:

>>> So has anyone done anything like this before?
>>
>> Yes. I did that for Linuxtag and Cebit. Actually I had a multiboot DVD,
>> booting i386, amd64 and powerpc.

I think I have one of these.  Let me try and find it.  Something like that
would be quite a nice advertisement for Debians' power and breadth.

> So, instead of reinventing a well-designed wheel, I suggest Jaldhar to
> point the magazine editor to this DVD image. With very few
> modifications (maybe some "germanisation" here or there), it could be
> well-suited.

The publishers made it clear they did not want to do any work on it
beyond duplication so we need to check it out first.  We also have to make
sure it has the Indic-related packages on it.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>