[Debian-l10n-devel] some questions about the new ddtts

Martijn van O kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:38:59 UTC 2011

On 7 September 2011 23:37, Michael Bramer <grisu at debian.org> wrote:
> 1.) old Log-File
> ----------------
>
> We need some tracking of the deveopment of a translation, like the old
> Log.
>
> 1a) as messages from the system to the description (like the already
> coded 'acceptance message'
> 1b) as extra table

It occurred to me that we can use the PendingReview table for this.
Currently it only tracks reviews but in fact it could be a log. It
would require some changing of the code that determines reviews. It
would also handle your issue of identifying translations you have done
something with earlier.

> 2.) word list
> -------------
>
> I think we will add the wordlist as sql table?
>
> sql-format:
>
> CREATE TABLE wordlist_tb
> (
>  wordlist_id serial PRIMARY KEY ,
>  language text NOT NULL,
>  word text NOT NULL,
>  suggestion text NOT NULL
> );

Yes, that's what I had in mind.
> 3.) lock of descriptions
> ------------------------
>
> Add a 'STATE_PENDING_LOCK' state in class PendingTranslation to lock a
> translation (from the coordinator)

What would it mean to "lock" a translation. That nobody can do
anything until unlocked. No review,no changes, nothing? But still
allow comments? I assume it's to allow discussion about some point?

> 4.) get/store the 'advisors' of a translation
>
> Store all old translators/reviewer of a translation (aka advisors).
>
> If we have this info, we can put a 'hot' icon in front of the
> description name in the pending list, to track this descriptions in
> the translation process.

If you change the meaning of the PendingTranslation table, then this
is solved also.

Have a nice day,