[Debian-l10n-devel] some questions about the new ddtts

Michael Bramer grisu at debian.org
Sat Sep 10 22:06:33 UTC 2011

On 09/08/2011 08:38 PM, Martijn van O wrote:
> On 7 September 2011 23:37, Michael Bramer<grisu at debian.org>  wrote:
>> 1.) old Log-File
>> ----------------
>>
>> We need some tracking of the deveopment of a translation, like the old
>> Log.
>>
>> 1a) as messages from the system to the description (like the already
>> coded 'acceptance message'
>> 1b) as extra table
>
> It occurred to me that we can use the PendingReview table for this.
> Currently it only tracks reviews but in fact it could be a log. It
> would require some changing of the code that determines reviews. It
> would also handle your issue of identifying translations you have done
> something with earlier.

I play with a prototype and add the log in the messag-System and
upload it to github

see the screenshort:
http://ddtp.debian.net/screenshots/ddtp-new-web-20110910-new-comment.png

I move the comments on the right side and if you add some Comments in
the 'Comments field' at the bottom, this Comment will be add on the
right side. (see the 2. Comment at the screenshot)

If make a a review, make changes, fetch a description etc. The system
will add a Comment also (See the 3. and 4. Comment: 'reviewed from...'
and 'test updated from...'

Comments?

@Kleptog:
Is this nice enough, or did you prefer the logging in PendingReview
table?

>> 3.) lock of descriptions
>> ------------------------
>>
>> Add a 'STATE_PENDING_LOCK' state in class PendingTranslation to lock a
>> translation (from the coordinator)
>
> What would it mean to "lock" a translation. That nobody can do
> anything until unlocked. No review,no changes, nothing? But still
> allow comments? I assume it's to allow discussion about some point?

Some description are more or less the same... Like XXX and XXX-dbg

In this cases it should be usefull for the lang coordinator, to lock
XXX-dbg. And unlook it, after the XXX is translated.

>> 4.) get/store the 'advisors' of a translation
>>
>> Store all old translators/reviewer of a translation (aka advisors).
>>
>> If we have this info, we can put a 'hot' icon in front of the
>> description name in the pending list, to track this descriptions in
>> the translation process.
>
> If you change the meaning of the PendingTranslation table, then this
> is solved also.

If the solution with the messag system is good enough for you, this
is now only a
   SELECT for_description from messages_tb where from_user='grisu42';
and you get all description, if you add a comment or make some work
with it.

:-)

Gruss
Grisu