[debian-lan-devel] packaging Debian-LAN

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Sun Feb 3 10:30:29 UTC 2013

Hi pabs,

thanks for your suggestions.

Done: http://bugs.debian.org/699670

> > When using /usr/share/doc/debian-lan-config/, some files from the
> > config space got compressed by dh_compress.  I had to overwrite
> > dh_compress to prevent that.  Are there better ways?
>
> From the manual page:
>
>        -Xitem, --exclude=item
>            Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename
> from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files
> from compression.  You may use this option multiple times to build up
> a list of things to exclude.

Yes, that's exactly how I did it (cf. debian/rules):

     override_dh_compress:
	  dh_compress --exclude=fai/config

However, as I am moving the files to /usr/share/debian-lan/ now as
suggested above, it's not needed anymore.

[...]

> > Finally, what is the best name for the package? I thought about
> > debian-lan-fai-config, but finally ended up without the fai.  I am
> > still not sure if FAI should be mentioned in the package name, or if
> > that gets too long.
>
> I was thinking fai-config-lan.

Hmm, I don't want to interfere too much with FAI's name space as
debian-lan is independent, ...

I wait a bit if there are further suggestion, then I'll commit the
modifications so far.

Thanks,

	Andi