[Debian-med-packaging] discussion: removal of packages from SCM repository

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Dec 1 11:21:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 10:43:36AM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> I suggest to leave it to the maintainer or "whoever cares most
> about the package" to decide.

May be this is a reasonable agreement.  I definitely do not care about
molphy much enough.

In the case of denoiser I would like to keep it for "some" time because
I pointed upstream to the location of a patch which could be a fair
reason to leave it for some time (even if chances are low that this is
a burning issue).

There might be just some cases where leaving the code might make sense
(for instance to find some examples of packaging containing some
interesting tricks or whatever).