[Debian-med-packaging] Distribution of MEME source code

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Thu Jan 24 15:41:55 UTC 2013

Hi James,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:55:49PM +1000, James Johnson wrote:
> So now the official server is EBI's FTP site (
> ftp://ftp.ebi.edu.au/pub/software/MEME/ ). While I'm based in the
> same building as the EBI team I (or anyone else on the MEME Suite
> team) don't have direct access to their servers so unfortunately
> re-organising the folder structure will require some back and forth
> with them. When I manage that I will also be making a HTML listing
> with links to the releases because I want to link it from the
> updated menu of our next full release. If you want I can also make a
> extra simplified version to help with your automated update system.

I just noticed the patched tarball that is available at

   ftp://ftp.ebi.edu.au/pub/software/MEME/4.9.0/meme_4.9.0_3.tar.gz

Many thanks for responding *that* quickly to our request.  May be
meanwhile you even have created some HTML listing and I simply did not
noticed at first look.  If not just take your time you might need (I
realised also the web page is not up to date - only the ftp sneakers can
see the new version.)  We have pretty much to do to clean up the
Debian package anyway and so there is no need to hurry.

Thanks again - it is fun to have that cooperative partners