[Debian-med-packaging] libhts-dev is missing cram headers

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Mon Sep 7 04:54:51 UTC 2015

Le Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 03:36:50PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui a écrit :

> I was trying to build the pb:bam package that I just declared an ITP for
> and it needs a header file (cram/md5.h [1]), which is missing from the
> libhts-dev package.
>
> If I get a chance, I'll look into this myself, but I at least wanted to
> make the problem known.
>
> By the way, would you happen to know a rough timescale of when the next
> release is coming out? I have several packages stuck in unstable because
> of the htslib/samtools i386 build issue. I'm considering backporting the
> relevant patches to allow the current versions to migrate to testing if
> the next release is still up in the air.

Hi Afif,

you are definitely welcome to backport the upstream fixes and upload a revision
of the htslib package when you see a benefit for it.

Note that if the cram/md5.h header is missing, it might be an upstream issue
since we rely on their build system to chose which files to install.

Regarding the upstream release schedule, I do not know but do not hesitate to
ask them; they are very supportive.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--