[Debian-med-packaging] Sponsoring many uploads

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Sat Mar 26 21:56:30 UTC 2016

Hi, all,

على الخميس 17 آذار 2016 ‫12:17، كتب Andreas Tille:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 05:28:12PM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
>>>
>>> As long as we did not had so many sponsors it worked like this.  Do you
>>> have a suggestion how to do better.  I personally consider the RFS
>>> mechanism via BTS a bit overkill
>>
>> I find the RFSes very efficient with this workflow (as I just archive
>> the mails for new RFS and when I'm in sponsoring moods I just haed over
>> bugs.d.o/sponsorship-requests), but it has the downside of using the BTS
>> which is really not the nicest thing to deal with, especially for quick
>> packages where
>
> For me more importantly it has the effect that our team RFS just end up
> in the huge amount of other RFS.  I simply set my preference onto Debian
> Med sponsering.

I actually really like using the BTS to keep track of tasks. We could
have a much shorter RFS bug template for the Debian Med team that would
automatically set the owner as
debian-med-packaging at lists.alioth.debian.org --- this would still direct
the emails to us. When someone wants to take over sponsoring, he resets
the owner to be himself. In all cases, it's very clear who's responsible
for doing the task [1].

What do you all think?

Afif

1. https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#owner