[Debian-on-mobile-maintainers] Forking on MMSD

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Fri Apr 16 01:21:50 BST 2021

On 2021-04-15 20:06 -0400, Chris Talbot wrote:

> Mr. Wise and Mr. Wookey (I know your name is Wookey only, so this is
> not your surname. However I do not know the most appropriate way to
> address you, so my apologies if I messed it up),

'Mr Wookey' is fine, albeit unusually formal for free software circles :-)

> Like Mr. Günther said, it would be nice to be able to merge into
> upstream, and it seems that the most realistic course of action for
> that to happen is if I am able to get access to commit to kernel.org's
> mmsd.

Agreed.

> I have no idea how this would be possible to do, or if they would
> even let me (considering I an relatively new to the open source
> community?). I am humbly asking for any help you all may have in
> achieving this. If you cannot/will not, I also understand.

I have no idea either. I was a little surprised that the ofono
codebase lives at kernel.org, which seems unexpected. Paul knows
everybody so may be better placed than me to make some relevant
contacts, but I don't mind blundering in and seeing if I can get
someone to take pity on you and unbung this situation. However I do
have deadlines right now so it'll be next week before I can find some
time to try and work out who to pester. Very happy if someone beats me
to it.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/