[Debian-on-mobile-maintainers] Forking on MMSD

Chris Talbot chris at talbothome.com
Fri Apr 16 01:28:05 BST 2021

On Fri, 2021-04-16 at 01:21 +0100, Wookey wrote:
> On 2021-04-15 20:06 -0400, Chris Talbot wrote:
> >
> > Mr. Wise and Mr. Wookey (I know your name is Wookey only, so this
> > is
> > not your surname. However I do not know the most appropriate way to
> > address you, so my apologies if I messed it up),
>
> 'Mr Wookey' is fine, albeit unusually formal for free software
> circles :-)

haha, like I said, I bit new at this! I would rather start formal and
go informal than offend by starting off too informal.

> > Like Mr. Günther said, it would be nice to be able to merge into
> > upstream, and it seems that the most realistic course of action for
> > that to happen is if I am able to get access to commit to
> > kernel.org's
> > mmsd.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > I have no idea how this would be possible to do, or if they would
> > even let me (considering I an relatively new to the open source
> > community?). I am humbly asking for any help you all may have in
> > achieving this. If you cannot/will not, I also understand.
>
> I have no idea either. I was a little surprised that the ofono
> codebase lives at kernel.org, which seems unexpected. Paul knows
> everybody so may be better placed than me to make some relevant
> contacts, but I don't mind blundering in and seeing if I can get
> someone to take pity on you and unbung this situation. However I do
> have deadlines right now so it'll be next week before I can find some
> time to try and work out who to pester. Very happy if someone beats
> me
> to it.

Unfortunately Mr. Wise and I have poked at the kernelnewbies channel a
new times at his suggestion, and that did not seem to get very far
(i.e. we did not get a response at all the few times we tried).

I understand the deadlines, so no worry! I am happy that you are
willing to help me out.

> Wookey

--Chris

--