[Debian-on-mobile-maintainers] Forking on MMSD

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Fri Apr 16 01:46:44 BST 2021

On Fri, 2021-04-16 at 01:21 +0100, Wookey wrote:

> I have no idea either. I was a little surprised that the ofono
> codebase lives at kernel.org, which seems unexpected. Paul knows
> everybody so may be better placed than me to make some relevant
> contacts, but I don't mind blundering in and seeing if I can get
> someone to take pity on you and unbung this situation. However I do
> have deadlines right now so it'll be next week before I can find some
> time to try and work out who to pester. Very happy if someone beats me
> to it.

I definitely do not know everyone and I especially do not know the
Linux kernel or oFono communities.

My best guess for the next step after a few more rounds of mmsd patch
postings and Wookey's poking will be to escalate to the kernel.org
webmasters to find out how to get access to abandoned projects.

https://www.kernel.org/category/contact-us.html

BTW, long term I think it more appropriate for mmsd (and everything
really) to be hosted in vendor neutral locations like kernel.org or
even just GitLab or GitHub, rather than in Purism's GitLab.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise