[Debian-pan-maintainers] Unifying jupyterlab and node-jupyterlab

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Wed May 29 14:04:47 BST 2024

Hi Yadd and others,

I'd like to go forward with the jupyterlab/node-jupyterlab merger,
because I'm facing more and more problems with jupyterlab/ipywidgets not
being up-to-date. I'm going to start from node-jupyterlab (whose build
is more complex), create a merge-jupyterlab-and-node-jupyterlab branch
in it, and add the Python parts in there, starting from the current
working state of the package (and not the current state of the master
branch, which doesn't build since I tried to import a new upstream
release). I'll ask for review before merging into master, but any help
or advice in the meantime will be welcome. I'll try to be present on IRC
more often than usual during the operation.

Hopefully upgrading one source package will be easier after the merger,
and I'll work on ipywidgets after that.

Roland.