[Debian-pan-maintainers] packaging procedure

Sergi Blanch i Torné sergi at calcurco.cat
Mon Jun 29 08:21:21 BST 2015

Hi,

I surrender... I've been playing this weeks trying to understand how can I
include in the git repository with the debian sources of the ufo-core the
tag 0.8.0 from the author's repository and I can find how. I've tried every
thing I thought useful, and almost everything I read, starting from the
traces from Frédéric followed by many howto searches.

I can summarize it in to main paths that I thing have possibilities.

a) Using both repos to merge them.
$ git clone https://github.com/ufo-kit/ufo-core && cd ufo-core
$ git remote add debian git+ssh://
git.debian.org/git/debian-pan/packages/ufo-core.git && git fetch debian
$ git checkout -b v0.8.0

What blocks me in this option has been how to merge the tag with a new
upstream branch.

b) Using the watch file. It's the option that looks more promising because
it looks made to do that:
$ git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-pan/packages/ufo-core.git
&& cd ufo-core
$ uscan --download --verbose

Then I have a file ../ufo-core-0.8.0.tar.gz together with a symlink with
the *orig* label. But after that I cannot find how to have an upstream
branch with the newer code.

I'm on a debian wheezy (and I've tried also on a jessie) with
'git-buildpackage' installed. I have an isolated gbp command as you've
suggested but the gbp-* doesn't look to help me on what's the next step to
do.

Thanks

/Sergi.

Ps: I'm not really surrendering. In fact, I'm asking for reinforcements ;)