[Debian-pan-maintainers] packaging procedure

Sergi Blanch i Torné sergi at calcurco.cat
Wed Jul 1 13:23:34 BST 2015

Hi!

Good news. Maybe I'm almost there.

After your suggestion to change the debian/rules I've proceed with small
modifications of other files in debian directory. I like to list them here
to avoid mistakes.

In debian/rules I've added a rule "override_dh_auto_test:" with no action.
I understand that what this produces is to avoid the step of unit tests,
isn't it? I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but it allows me to
continue. Before I've removed, from the "override_dh_auto_configure:" rule
the parameter '-- --enable-gtk-doc' because it was making fail the
configure, but I suspect this is an issue that would have relation with
packages I've installed. I'm a kde user.

In debian/libufo-dev.install I've modified the paths to remove the
intermediate starts. That is, I've modified 'usr/lib/*/lib*.so' to
'usr/lib/lib*.so', and also 'usr/lib/*/pkgconfig' to 'usr/lib/pkgconfig'.
As well as in debian/libufo0.install I've modified 'usr/lib/*/lib*.so.*' to
'usr/lib/lib*.so.*', and in debian/gir1.2-ufo-0.0.install modify
'usr/lib/*/girepository-1.0' to 'usr/lib/girepository-1.0'.

With this changes and the execution of 'dch -v 0.8.0-1 "Update to version
0.8.0." && debcommit -a && git-buildpackage', the process completes with
the generation of the expected *.deb files:
[gir1.2-ufo-0.0_0.8.0-1_amd64.deb, libufo0_0.8.0-1_amd64.deb,
libufo0-dbg_0.8.0-1_amd64.deb, libufo-bin_0.8.0-1_amd64.deb,
libufo-data_0.8.0-1_all.deb, libufo-dev_0.8.0-1_amd64.deb,
libufo-doc_0.8.0-1_all.deb], all of them described in debian/control.

I've managed also two environment variables (DEBEMAIL & DEBFULLNAME) to
avoid a misconfiguration of them due to local definitions, and It has been
able to request to sign those packages. This also has an effect on the
debian/changelog file.

Having this *.deb files, is now the time to commit to the remote?

Thanks!

/Sergi.