[Debian-pan-maintainers] packaging procedure

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sat Oct 31 13:28:21 GMT 2015

Hello Sergi,

> How is your schedule about the ufo-core?

I just put some efforts in order to build ufo-core from github.

the idea was to understand what need to be bacported in order to build ufo-core and ufo-filters for the current stable.

>  I've been trying it again but
> again stalled... As far as I've been reading the process would be as
> simple as a few commands:

> $ gbp clone
> git+ssh://serguei-guest@git.debian.org/git/debian-pan/packages/ufo-core.git
> && cd ufo-core
> $ uscan --download --verbose
> $ gbp buildpackage

you can do oalso

gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan

Matthias whom is the upstream of ufo will be at SOLEIL next week, So I will discuss with him of the buildsystem of ufo.
so for now the official build system is cmake.

In the current packaging I based the debian package on the autotools version.
So since we --uscan from github, the best things to do is to import the 0.8.0 and to build using cmake :)

So it seems to me that once uploaded the 0.8.0 versionm it would be great to tune debian/control and the rules files in order to build using cmake.

In order to use cmake, you should add cmake to the build dependencies
in debian /rules you sould remove the override_dh_auto_configure

tell me if it is better with these modifications, once you imported the current 0.8.0 version into the git repository.

Ps: It is great to put the mailing list

Cheers

Fred