[Debian-pan-maintainers] Packaging pytango 9.2.0

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Fri Aug 26 08:05:29 BST 2016

Hello Sandor

> Any plans to update the packaging of pytango to be in line with tango 9?

> I was able to build debian packages based on version 9.2.0 - with small modifications:
> - first itango is in a separate repository - so remove any reference in packaging

since sardana is in the Debian repository, it is important to provide at least the the same fonctionnalities for upgraded.
so first it would be great to create the itango package which is used by sardana.
It seems to me that this is an easy package.

do you want to become it's maintainer ?

> - explicitely use pybuild as the build system (so it goes via setup.py and not with the Makefile)

It already use python setup.py. but you are right it is a great addition to use directly pybuild.

> - build depend on libtango-dev

Yes in order to build with libtangg9

> I can post the patches if needed

I would proceed in this order

itango package then pytango

so if you want I can create an itango repository on Debian-pan then you can use this repo to package itango.

maybe at the begining it is better if you coud post your packaging patchs on the mailing list So I can do the review  easly.
and when we agreed, you could push  to the repository.

all this should target Debian experimental for now since experimental.

Cheers

Frederic