[Debian-pan-maintainers] Packaging pytango 9.2.0

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Fri Aug 26 08:17:01 BST 2016

> I was able to build debian packages based on version 9.2.0 - with small modifications:
> - first itango is in a separate repository - so remove any reference in packaging
> - explicitely use pybuild as the build system (so it goes via setup.py and not with the Makefile)
> - build depend on libtango-dev

and you need to add the binary package python-tango, python3-tango since upstream decided to rename the module.
pytango -> tango

In order to have a smooth transition for our users,
remove everything from the python-pytango package and make it depende on python-pytango

Here an example took from python-qtconsole where the transition was

ipython-qtconsole -> python-qtconsole

Package: ipython-qtconsole
Architecture: all
Section: oldlibs
 This is a transitional package to ease upgrades to the
 python-qtconsole package. It can be safely removed.

Package: python-qtconsole
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, ${python:Depends}
 IPython can be used as a replacement for the standard Python shell,
 or it can be used as a complete working environment for scientific
 computing (like Matlab or Mathematica) when paired with the standard
 Python scientific and numerical tools. It supports dynamic object
 introspections, numbered input/output prompts, a macro system,
 session logging, session restoring, complete system shell access,
 verbose and colored traceback reports, auto-parentheses, auto-quoting,
 and is embeddable in other Python programs.
 .
 This package contains the qtconsole library for the Python 2 interpreter.

hopeit helps prepare the pytango package :))

Fred