[Debian-pan-maintainers] Package: Debian PaN: McCode: licencing

Erik B Knudsen erkn at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Nov 18 16:21:55 GMT 2021

Hi there,
Thanks for the comments and thoughts. I'd like to mention one thing in
relation to this.
There is an add-on package named AstroX, which is basically is a set of
components that have to do with X-ray telescopes. At present this is
published under GPLv2, as agreed with ESA. As for the case with nsx - we
could simply allow (as it is right now) that package to be a separate
add-on, but I would prefer to include it in the normal distro to promote
cross-benefits.

To summarize - if we want to move to GPLv3 - I would have to/like to
clear this with ESA. This should not be a problem as they suggested v3
but accepted v2 on my request.

I hope that made any sense...
cheers
Erik

--
Erik Bergbäck Knudsen, Research Engineer         | DTU | morituri
NEXMAP, DTU Fysik, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark  |<>-<>|    te