[Debian-pan-maintainers] packaging Fiji

Roland Mas roland.mas at gnurandal.com
Mon Jan 10 10:15:19 GMT 2022

Le 08/01/2022 à 11:42, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel a écrit :
> Hello, Roland,
Hi,
> Do you know if it is possible to build a minimalist version of imageJ2, a bit like imageJ1.
> I imagine that most of the maven dependencies are for all the plugins.
Actually, no, I hadn't reached the point in the pom.xml file where it
starts mentioning plugins.
> then users should use the imageJ2 plugin manager to download all the other expected plugins ?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible. https://imagej.net/downloads has
a "Where is ImageJ2 <https://imagej.net/software/imagej2>?" paragraph
that states: "A standalone download of ImageJ2 is not yet available, due
to how the core ImageJ update sites <https://imagej.net/update-sites>
are currently structured. The ImageJ2 team is working hard to change
this, but in the meantime, please use the Fiji distribution of ImageJ
<https://imagej.net/software/fiji>, which is built on ImageJ2 and
bundles many additional useful plugins." I went to the source, but
ImageJ2 does depends on imagej-legacy, so we can't avoid the dependency
jungle mentioned earlier.

Roland.