Package syrthes - Request for reviewing

Gilles Filippini gilles.filippini at free.fr
Sun Sep 13 21:14:54 UTC 2009

Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Le vendredi 11 septembre 2009 à 17:23 +0200, Gilles Filippini a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've packaged the syrthes[0] thermal computation software and since I'm
>> not a DD I'd appreciate if someone here could have a look at it.
>
> I have a few comments before upload:
> * please try to follow the rules of the policy [1] (Maintainer field), etc (I updated the fields)

Oops... I intended to do so - I read the Debian Science Policy Manual
months ago - but then missed it. Sorry about that.

> * is it normal to have source files in /usr/lib/ ?
> (/usr/lib/syrthes/3.4.2/bin/Makefile)

AFAIUI, it is: these source files are copied by the syrthes_create_case
script to instantiate a new case. The user can then tailor them to its case.

> * it is normal to have duplicated files ? [2]

The cylinder example is made from the same source files as those used by
syrthes_create_case. There's an opportunity for a symbolic link.

> * there are plenty of data files in /usr/lib
> * /usr/lib/syrthes/3.4.2/example/ will probably be more interesting
> in /usr/share/doc/<package>/

Sure. I should have done that already... /o\

> * There are static lib into your package. Is it really mandatory ?
> /usr/lib/syrthes/3.4.2/lib/Linux/libsatsyrthes3.4.2_Linux.a
> /usr/lib/syrthes/3.4.2/lib/Linux/libsyrthes3.4.2_Linux.a
> /usr/lib/syrthes/3.4.2/lib/Linux/libmainsyrthes3.4.2_Linux.a

This is the way syrthes is intended to be used. As for Code_Saturne, a
specific syrthes exe is build for each case. These static libraries
constitute the syrthes invariant part which is statically linked against
the exe.

> Not blocking:
> * the manpages don't explain the arguments syrthes2ensight &
> syrthes_create_case

Ack. Will do.

> * In the README.source, you said that you removed the doc directory from
> the tarball.
> Could you add a script which can do it automatically ? (a basic script script will be enough See [3])
> * I added watch file with the download capabilities with uscan (note that removal script can be plugged straight on it)
> * Since control is generated from control.in, you should remove it from the git in order to have confusions.

Interesting. I didn't know about this uscan feature.

> I hope I am not demotivating you will all these comments...

Not at all.

> Don't hesitate if you have some questions.

I can't see the files you updated on the alioth git repo. Have you
git-pushed them?

Thanks,

_Gilles.