R cran packages

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Mar 20 16:42:36 UTC 2017

Hi Leopold,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 01:10:49PM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> I have seen that there are people around here have done a great job with
> R-cran. So, I can only say a big thanks.

:-)

> But, if I could ask something, I would need this two packages:
>
> https://cran.r-project.org/package=V8
> https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=shinyjs
>
> There are dependencies of a feature from package that I'm maintaining
> and if I could have them in Debian, I could activate that nice feature,
> if not, I must disable it.

What about trying to maintain these yourself inside the Debian Science
team.  Packaging CRAN packages became tremendiously easy since  Gordon
Ball has written the debhelper module.  Just download the tarballs from
CRAN unpack it and try

   dh-make-R --team science --tests generic,run-unit-test,vignette

(see man dh-make-R) and you are basically done (well d/copyright needs
some edits and checking all the debian/* files might help as well).  But
for usual packages you are done after 5 min (including filing an ITP bug
report).

Hope this helps

      Andreas.

--