ROS tf2 package

Jochen Sprickerhof jspricke at debian.org
Sun Nov 18 13:37:43 GMT 2018

* Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski at gmx.de> [2018-11-18 11:58]:
>Hm, for me after that error the command exits immediately, so it seems to
>me it's failing. Unless it is supposed to exit because of some other
>unsatisfied conditions? Maybe no tf2 sources currently available or
>something else?

The version you are using (0.5.13-5) is from Debian stretch and was
released in 2016. I just installed it on armhf in a fresh chroot and
after installing some dependencies I get this:

$ rosrun tf2_tools view_frames.py
[rospack] Error: package 'tf2_tools' not found
find: '': No such file or directory
the rosdep view is empty: call 'sudo rosdep init' and 'rosdep update'
[INFO] [1542545659.123850]: Listening to tf data during 5 seconds...
[INFO] [1542545664.138687]: Generating graph in frames.pdf file...

Maybe the find doesn't work for you, can you try:

$ rosrun --debug tf2_tools view_frames.py

Also, you can run it without rosrun using:

$ /usr/lib/tf2_tools/view_frames.py

Cheers Jochen