QCustomPlot -- yet another follow-up (last ?)

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Tue Oct 4 14:11:58 BST 2022

Hi,

El 4/10/22 a les 14:43, Filippo Rusconi ha escrit:
> Greetings Science Debianites,
> in two previous mails, I had said that I thought it was desirable to have the
> QCustomPlot library built against Qt6 in the next stable release and also
> updated to version 2.1.0 (current is 2.0.1).
>
> I have received no positive nor negative comment. Thus, in order to be the less
> disruptive as possible I plan to package the new version of QCustomPlot (2.1.0)
> as a standalone package built for both Qt5 and Qt6. There is not going to be any
> name conflict with the current package because of the names I will use for both
> the CMake-based library aliases and the library names themselves.
>
> The new source package will be named libqcustomplot (versus present source
> package named qcustomplot). It will enter the NEW QUEUE. I *need* the
> QCustomPlot library built for Qt6 to be available in the next stable release.
>
> This is one more opportunity to have an exchange about this work.
>
> Any comment ?

yes, I don't understand why to upload a new package with a new version. Why
don't you work in a branch of qcustomplot git and continue the work there?

If there's an ABI change (2.0 -> 2.1) remember you need to make a transition.

Cheers,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia