[Debian-science-sagemath] Overview of doctest failures

Jeroen Demeyer jdemeyer at cage.ugent.be
Wed Oct 18 15:13:35 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-18 16:10, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Is there anything we should keep in mind when trying to use that with pari 2.9?

First of all, you *must* upgrade cypari2 in case you haven't done that:
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/23929

I made sure that Sage is still compatible with pari 2.9. Here I define
"compatible" to mean that Sage builds and that all computations are
mathematically correct with both pari 2.9 and pari master.

This is *not* the same as all doctests passing, since one mathematically
correct output may be replaced by a different mathematically correct
one. In particular, you will need to revert the doctest changes from
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/23544 if you use pari stable.