[Debian-science-sagemath] Required tasks for sage in stretch

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Nov 9 20:39:44 UTC 2016

On 11/09/2016 08:10 PM, Ximin Luo wrote:
> Tobias Hansen:
>> * ecl - the one fix I applied does not migrate to testing due to a
>> deadlocked situation with libatomic-ops (unfixable (?) RC bug). Maybe
>> this can be resolved by asking for removals of libatomic-ops packages
>> for the failing architectures from testing. Since the RC bug is also in
>> testing, the package should then migrate, right?
>>

> Could you go into some more details on this? I can try to help.

libatomic-ops has the RC bug #728955 since three years. There is a patch
from Ubuntu but the maintainer Ian Wienand did not apply it, saying
upstream says the patch does not really fix the problem. He also said
"It's unfortunate that the number of people who understand power memory
ordering issues at the level required can probably be counted on one
hand." so it sounds hard to fix. I wrote him a mail today, asking if we
should ask for removal of the testing packages from armel and ppc64el to
allow the package to migrate to testing.