[Debian-science-sagemath] Status of sagemath (and jupyter)

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Fri Jan 6 07:37:51 UTC 2017

Hi

On 5 January 2017 at 17:39, Ximin Luo <infinity0 at debian.org> wrote:

> > /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sage/repl/rich_
> output/display_manager.p\
> > y:590: RichReprWarning: Exception in _rich_repr_ while displaying
> > object: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory
> >   RichReprWarning,
> > Graphics3d Object
>
> Does it work if you install libjpeg62-turbo or libjpeg8? (The former is
> supposed to be a drop-in replacement for the latter.)

I have libjpeg62-turbo installed already, and apt-cache search libjpeg8
returns nothing.
I have read the README now and it works with viewer='canvas3d' in the sage
notebook.

(In jupyter-notebook with sage kernel, canvas3d still produces the message:
Interactive 3D plots do not work in the notebook because JSmol cannot
currently be packaged for Debian. See the README.source of the jmol package
for more details on this situation.

You may view a non-interactive plot by giving the option viewer='tachyon'.
Also, interactive plots with Jmol do work from the SageMath command-line
interface.)

Perhaps the message should also mention viewer='canvas3d' like in the
README.Debian.

Many thanks,

--
  .~.