[Debichem-devel] gchemutils browser plugins

Daniel Leidert Daniel.Leidert.Spam at gmx.net
Tue Jan 29 21:43:29 UTC 2008

Jordan Mantha wrote:

> Thanks Daniel for working on getting 0.8.6 uploaded and adding the
> galeon and epiphany deps for gcu-plugin. However, I do have a question
> about these. For me on Ubuntu I still have to link libmozgcu.{la,so} to
> /usr/lib/epiphany/2.20/plugins/ to get it to work (but it does work
> which is cool).

The plugin works for me with ephiphany-browser and galeon without
new symlinks. Can you check about:plugins in your epiphany and galeon
browser and maybe for differences between the Debian/Ubuntu packages
of these browsers?

> I'm not exactly sure why the epiphany directory is
> version specific but we should probably figure something out. Galeon
> similarly looks to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ for the plugin. Shall we
> include these in gcu-plugin.links ?

Not sure. I first need more information. As I already wrote, I would like
to avoid to pollute the file system for Debian and Ubuntu users.

Regards, Daniel