[Debichem-devel] Looking for sponsor to promote a new package OSRA

Dmitry Katsubo dma_k at mail.ru
Tue Dec 16 20:00:46 UTC 2014

On 15/12/2014 23:03, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 05:47:05PM +0100, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:
>> Dear DebianChemistry Development community,
>>
>> I am looking for mentor/sponsor who can help me with packaging of the
>> project OSRA (http://sourceforge.net/p/osra/). Most of work is already
>> done, and all necessary basic things are in trunk. However I need
>> somebody to make a review and help in fixing further issues.
>
> Where is the packaging repository (prefereably in a git repos) ? I
> could clone it and check it.

Hello Filippo,

Debian packaging (as well as RPM-based packaging) is part of upstream:

http://sourceforge.net/p/osra/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/package/linux/debian/

There are few things to mention:

* To compile the package one need to have "libgocr-dev" which is not yet
in repository. Currently I have it only locally compiled
(https://copy.com/6XMPCRvb4fP6ue1Z) and I have contacted the package
maintainer to introduce the necessary changes.

* The package itself is build here (https://copy.com/XAR7VIfdqcUKxOmV).
I would like to focus on some lintian errors and warnings, but some of
them are really weird.

Thanks in advance!

--
With best regards,