[Debichem-devel] Looking for sponsor to promote a new package OSRA

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Fri Dec 19 16:25:23 UTC 2014

Am Freitag, den 19.12.2014, 12:01 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 02:27:59AM +0100, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:

[..]
> > Having that package installed, building OSRA is smooth. I have emailed
> > to Cosimo Alfarano <kalfa at debian.org> asking to apply changes and roll
> > out v0.50 of GOCR, but haven't received a reply. Maybe it's Christmas
> > time :) But do we have plan B concerning how to "force" this change in
> > Debian repo?
>
> In case Cosimo will not be responsive in a decent time frame I would
> contact him whether he might consider team maintenance in collab-maint.
> As far as I know him he is quite open about this.  Just ping me if you
> feel that the response time is to slow and turns out as the major show
> stopper after all other issues are solved.

The point IMO is not, that he is unresponsive ... he is not (see
#582575). The point is, that gocr doesn't install those _private_ header
files and he asked Dmitry to convince gocr upstream to install those
header files by default. IMO the arguments are strong. OSRA makes use of
a private header file, that isn't likely to be installed on any (Linux)
system. So OSRA could or should resign from using pgm2asc.h.

IMHO it would be a really bad decision to overrule Cosimo's decision by
force. One would need very strong technical arguments.

Regards, Daniel