[Debichem-devel] Looking for sponsor to promote a new package OSRA

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Fri Dec 19 16:39:10 UTC 2014

Am Freitag, den 19.12.2014, 02:27 +0100 schrieb Dmitry Katsubo:

JFTR: you can get an explanation by lintian by using its -i switch. You
can also check /usr/share/lintian/checks/*.pm in case you cannot figure
the problem out.

> E: osra: helper-templates-in-copyright
> I can't get what's wrong with debian/copyright

You still have make use of the string "Upstream Author(s)". But either
it's one author or more :) So by using the above, you trigger the
lintian error. Just remove the "(s)" for your case.

> E: libosra1: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/libosra.so.1.0.20000
> How can I learn which functions have non PIC code?

Please check the description of this lintian error. I cannot remember to
have triggered this during my packaging attempts. You probably want to
check, that OSRA is building with -fPIC and you might re-check with my
own debian/rules file.

BTW: Why do you use control.in and rules.in instead of control/rules?

Regards, Daniel