[Debichem-devel] Transition of openbabel 2.3.2+dfsg-3+b2 -> 2.4.1-2

Andrius Merkys andrius.merkys at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:01:57 BST 2018

Hi Michael and Daniel,

thank you for prompt replies.

On 06/23/2018 11:37 PM, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> He probably can't do this himself, because one needs master permissions to merge branches. Either give them or clone the repository, make the changes and request a merge of your changes (gitlab style).

I prefer the GitLab style. It seems to be the simplest and won't require additional permissions. However, the repository of openbabel on salsa.d.o seems to be ported from the one with svn-buildpackage's mergeWithUpstream feature, which I don't know how to use with git-buildpackage. Therefore, I'm unable to test whether the merge succeeded. AFAIK, the repository could be migrated to contain the original upstream code [1], but I don't feel experienced enough to do that on my own. How should I proceed?

Best wishes,
Andrius

[1] https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html

--
Andrius Merkys
Vilnius University Institute of Biotechnology, SaulÄ—tekio al. 7, room V325