[Debichem-devel] Transition of openbabel 2.3.2+dfsg-3+b2 -> 2.4.1-2

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Mon Jun 25 21:12:42 BST 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 04:01:57PM +0300, Andrius Merkys wrote:
> thank you for prompt replies.
>
> On 06/23/2018 11:37 PM, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > He probably can't do this himself, because one needs master
> > permissions to merge branches. Either give them or clone the
> > repository, make the changes and request a merge of your changes
> > (gitlab style).
>
> I prefer the GitLab style. It seems to be the simplest and won't
> require additional permissions. However, the repository of openbabel
> on salsa.d.o seems to be ported from the one with svn-buildpackage's
> mergeWithUpstream feature, which I don't know how to use with
> git-buildpackage. Therefore, I'm unable to test whether the merge
> succeeded. AFAIK, the repository could be migrated to contain the
> original upstream code [1], but I don't feel experienced enough to do
> that on my own. How should I proceed?

Sorry, can't help you with that as I don't use git-buildpackage.  Most
of the repositories don't have the upstream code and personally I don't
see a reason to add it.

Do you have a git tree somewhere where you did change to the 2.4 branch
or did you just test-build the other packages and made sure everything
is fine?

Michael