[Debichem-devel] debichem, update suggest Jmol 2016 to a version of 2021

Norwid Behrnd nbehrnd at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 21:05:18 GMT 2021

Hello Andrius,

I thank you for your reply.  After an initial read of the thread
indicated by you I read the listing below the address of

https://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/j/jmol/

as the intent to preserve the 2016-based version available; «better
senior and reliably working, than in part new but as whole not ready
to use».  So far, I did not attempt to bundle any code as a .deb
package, nor coded a line in Java or JavaScript.  Therefore, I have
even less to say if Jerry James, apparently contributing to Jmol as a
rpm-package in Fedora

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/jmol

may be a helpful reference.  The currently used label there
(jmol-14.31.18-1) reads like since release of Fedora 33 (October
2020) they reduced the delay between their package repositories and
Jmol's own archives available on sourceforge.

Perhaps I come back to this (but it is not a promise).

With best regards,

Norwid