[Debichem-devel] abinit, pst-pdf and auto-pst-pdf

Thaddeus H. Black thb at debian.org
Thu Jan 21 15:24:46 GMT 2021

Michael and Andreas:

Your package abinit and my package derivations seem to
be the only two Debian packages that invoke (La)TeX's
pst-pdf or auto-pst-pdf during build.[*]  Recent
changes in TeX Live have caused my build to fail,
forcing me to work around.  The changes do not seem
however to have caused your build to fail.

Do you know anything about this?

I now have a workaround, so my package builds again,
but I still do not properly understand what went wrong.
Therefore, if you had relevant knowledge and would shed
light on the issue, I would appreciate it.

You need not read further but, for reference, extra
information follows.

These messages might be relevant:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-tex-maint/2021/01/msg00050.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-tex-maint/2021/01/msg00051.html

Andreas' debian/patches/enable_pstricks_with_pdflatex.patch,
last touched Aug. 2019 in abinit's source, might also
be relevant; but, on the other hand, the pertinent
change in TeX Live occurred *after* Aug. 2019 as far
as I know.  Thus, Andreas' patch might not be relevant,
after all.

[*] Some of Debian's TeX packages -- that is, packages
that not only use TeX but implement TeX, for instance
the source package texlive-extra -- invoke pst-pdf
during build, but that isn't what I meant.