[Debichem-devel] abinit, pst-pdf and auto-pst-pdf

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Thu Jan 21 16:53:17 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 03:24:46PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> Your package abinit and my package derivations seem to
> be the only two Debian packages that invoke (La)TeX's
> pst-pdf or auto-pst-pdf during build.[*]  Recent
> changes in TeX Live have caused my build to fail,
> forcing me to work around.  The changes do not seem
> however to have caused your build to fail.
>
> Do you know anything about this?

Well, I disabld enable_pstricks_with_pdflatex.patch locally when I tried
to work on the new upstream release, so I assume there were some build
issues, but I don't remember specifics. As this is just some
documentation, I did not verify a lot so far whether the resulting pdf
is legit.

> I now have a workaround, so my package builds again,
> but I still do not properly understand what went wrong.
> Therefore, if you had relevant knowledge and would shed
> light on the issue, I would appreciate it.

I don't have further knowledge, sorry.

Michael