[Design-devel] Akira package

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Sun Mar 14 20:28:01 GMT 2021

Hi Patrick,

Quoting Patrick Vavrina (2021-03-14 20:05:52)
> How are you?

I am great, thank you.  Hope you are good as well!

> I am looking for a sponsor in order to maintain a package. Later
> improving my status to Debian Maintainer would a good thing.
>
> I’m interested in this application:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/akira
>
> If you have other packages to propose me, I am open to discuss with
> you.
>
> What do you think?

I am very happy that you are interested in packaging for Debian.

Please tell more about your interests in Debian and design and
computers, because the better I understand where you are coming from,
the better I can guide you in the wilderness of Debian.

I mean - I can easily suggest you 10 or 100 packages that you can help
maintain, but I have really no idea if any of those would fit your
skills and interests.

Since you mention Akira specifically: Akira does not need much care at
the moment - and is also in development upstream.  One thing that would
improve Akira would be that the icons it uses was packaged for Debian.
Currently a patch is applied to adapt Akira to use
elementary-xfce-icon-theme but really it wants the original elementary
icon theme.  Would that be of interest to you to package that, or is it
specifically Vala code that has your interest, or some other reason you
proposed Akira?

Kind regards,

 - Jonas