[Freedombox-discuss] FBX general system architecture

Brandon Invergo b.invergo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:04:51 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone has already drawn up a very generalized
schematic of the main components comprising a freedombox? I have two in
mind, one showing the software stack and the other one maybe showing a
proposed network structure (though that seems to still be up in the air,
regarding mesh networking, etc). I mean, not necessarily referencing any
specific solutions, but just the general components needed, which, when
combined, would constitute a functional box. Thus, the discussions that
take place on this list could be generally interpreted as being about
figuring out which currently existing product/technology would best fit
each needed component of the architecture.

I looked through the project docs but if it's there I apologize that I
must have missed it. Or, if such an architecture should be obvious to
me, I guess I need to do some studying...

Cheers,
Brandon