[Freedombox-discuss] FBX general system architecture

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Fri Aug 12 16:13:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 06:04:51PM +0200, Brandon Invergo wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm wondering if anyone has already drawn up a very generalized
> schematic of the main components comprising a freedombox? I have two in
> mind, one showing the software stack and the other one maybe showing a
> proposed network structure (though that seems to still be up in the air,
> regarding mesh networking, etc). I mean, not necessarily referencing any
> specific solutions, but just the general components needed, which, when
> combined, would constitute a functional box. Thus, the discussions that
> take place on this list could be generally interpreted as being about
> figuring out which currently existing product/technology would best fit
> each needed component of the architecture.
>
> I looked through the project docs but if it's there I apologize that I
> must have missed it. Or, if such an architecture should be obvious to
> me, I guess I need to do some studying...

Actually it's more a problem that the project doc (the wiki) isn't really
used, so if you have ideas (questions even), best is to start to write
them on a page so that others can come and complete them or discuss them
here.

Lots of discussions have happened that were not dumped on the wiki, and
it's quite a shame. The wiki should be the primary place to put ideas,
then have them discussed on the list if they need to.

I'm trying to fill the wiki with some of the ideas, but it's a big task so
the more people that try to keep it up to date, the more the project can
have a clear picture where to go.

bert.