[Freedombox-discuss] Email on the FreedomBox Discussion

John Walsh fiftyfour at waldevin.com
Sat Aug 27 03:15:48 UTC 2011

 Hi Everybody,

It's my understanding that the reliability of the existing infrastructure
(power, static/dynamic IP) would affect all services on an FBX. Similarly,
disaster (don't know if its the correct word) backup procedures would have
to be in place for all services too. Please keep the strategy to address
these problems common to *all* services outside this thread.

I would like this thread to remain focused on an email service for the FBX
and issues specific to email service.

Keith and John you have an email server running at home. Woo Hoo. Could you
please donate your "recipes" to the FBX project here(0)?

Keith and John, in this thread I have learnt of one email-specific issue.
ISP's stop non-corporate customers from running their own email service. I
would be grateful if you could answer these questions.
A) What techniques do ISP's use to prevent users from having their own email
service?
B) What did you do to by-pass these ISP techniques (please include in
recipe)?

Now, if anybody else has email specific issues or even better FBX email
recipes, please contribute. I will even write up the recipes on the FBX wiki
for you if you post your recipe to this thread ;)

(0) http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserRequirements

Kind Regards

-- fiftyfour

.debian.org [mailto:freedombox-discuss->
bounces+fiftyfour=waldevin.com at lists.alioth.debian.org] On