[Freedombox-discuss] Non-tech version of how "freedom box grid "could work

Pierre Fenoll pierrefenoll at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 12:51:56 UTC 2011

Keep in mind that the FreedomBox should be headless (no screen). So an
OpenSSH-server should be already running when booting for the first time,
accepting request only from the LAN as long as the default password isn't
changed. Moreover, if you have a LAN it should be a DHCP-served one (else I
hardly see how it'd work. Multicast?)
When you say "You'll be redirected to http://home/", you were thinking of a
non-headless configuration, weren't you? Or, not to bother the User with
Terminal und SSH, you meant a web interface? then he|she sould be already
waiting at this address in his|her browser…

PS: "booting freedom" <-- that is so cool!