[Freedombox-discuss] WiFi

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 21:13:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 20:04:16 +0100, Nicholas Hardiman wrote:
> ...you can use mwifiex
> (http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/mwifiex) ...[if] the serial
> number starts with DS2-114, as in "S/N: DS2-1141-000123"...

Mine's definitely an older plug, DS2-112...  Wonder if we can detect
that with software?

> * http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Setting_GuruPlug_to_be_a_stable_WiFi_Client
> * http://www.newit.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3073.0/topicseen.html
> * http://www.spinifex.com.au/plugs/dphowtowificl.html
>
> or I can post a working SD card image file for downloading.

The SD card would be wonderful, though I'll look at the threads too,
later this week.  I'd love to enable both wireless client and AP modes
in Freedom-Maker before or during the NYC hackfest.  Then I could
finally move my DreamPlug out from under my TV.

Nick