[Freedombox-discuss] Legal problems with the privacy of the FreedomBox

Jack Wilborn jkwilborn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 13:20:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

As a reply to the 'facebook' and other concerns about computer security I
would like to state that the US is far behind many countries on personal
security of data.  We all have to take the responcibility of notifying our
political lawmakes about how these laws effect us.

All it takes is for us to ignore what they do and we will lose what we take
for granted as personal data and face charges for removing it because it
may be deemed as evidence of a crime.  As a retire police officer and a
firearms advocate I can only point to other places that have lost freedoms.

The US hasn't changed any Federal software laws since about 1985 (the
Facebook creator was 3) this cannot continue and only us can change it.

Our project could run fine then be made illegal with the swipe of a pen, so
keep your eye open!

Jack