[Freedombox-discuss] search engine Yacy

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Tue Jul 10 17:51:33 BST 2018

Quoting dns1983 at riseup.net (2018-07-10 16:08:39)
> Yes, I think It's important to maintain freedom box usable from a low
> CPU machine, but I think that for reach our goal It's necessary to use
> more powerful machines too.
>
> It's necessary that decentralized services are fast and efficient,
> something that a low pc machine can't always grant.

Uhm, the very goal of FreedomBox is to put together things that _can_
fit on a cheap low-power box.

I agree that not all services relevant for freedom fits that constraint
(or the other constraints for the FreedomBox project) - but fear not:
Makes great sense to package any and all interesting tools for Debian,
and makes good among interesting tools to try get most possible
supported by Plinth (the interface used by FreedomBox), and might also
make sense to then discuss which of the Debian tools supported by Debian
to include in FreedomBox - and those not included can then easily be
included in a sister projects FreedomTower and FreedomCluster reusing
parts from FreedomBox :-)